The last few days have been a bit trying for me on all fronts so I thought I would make something both comforting and warming… I found this chicken couscous recipe which is truly SO easy to make and all the flavours made me smile… I would really recommend giving it a try.
– 1tbsp olive oil
– 1 onion, thinly sliced
– 200g chicken breasts, diced
– good chuck fresh root ginger
– 1-2 tbsp harissa paste, plus extra to serve
– 10 dried apricots
– 220g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
– 200g couscous
– 200ml hot chicken stock (I would suggest using a little more)
– handful of chopped coriander to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion for 1-2 mins just until softened. Add the chicken and fry for 7-10 mins until cooked through and the onions have turned golden. Grate over the ginger, stir through the harissa to coat everything and cook for 1 min more.
- Tip in the apricots, chickpeas and couscous, then pour over the stock and stir once. Cover with a lid or tightly cover the pan with foil and leave for about 5 mins until the couscous has soaked up all the stock and is soft. Fluff up the couscous with a fork and scatter over the coriander to serve. Serve with extra harissa, if you like.