This is the first time I have made a baked cheesecake as I have always thought that there is some secret method to making them otherwise they flop… That is not the case by the way.. This recipe was sent to me by someone special to me and is really easy to make. It uses my favourite fruit so I liked it instantly. It is not too rich… everyone loved it at afternoon tea 🙂
125g Digestive Biscuits
125g Ginger Biscuits
100g Butter (melted)
600g Full Fat Cream Cheese
3 free range eggs
200g Castor Sugar,
3 tbsp Flour
zest of 2 Oranges
zest of 1 orange
6 tbsp orange juice (must be fresh squeezed orange juice)
4 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp castor sugar
2 tbsp Orange Liqueur ( I couldn’t find any OL so made it without and tasted just as good)
1. Heat oven to 180 deg C.
2. Mix the Digestive and Ginger Biscuits,finely ,crushed with the melted Butter.
3. Press into a 22cm buttered,spring-clip cake tin,smooth and chill. (I only chilled this in the fridge while I did the remainder of the ingredients)
4. Whisk together the Full Fat Cream Cheese, Mascarpone, eggs lightly beaten, Castor Sugar, Flour and the zest of 2 Oranges.
5. Spoon onto the biscuit base and level – transfer to a baking tray and bake for 50 mins- 1hour until golden and firm. (depends on your oven)
6. Cool , chill and then remove from tin.
For the syrup, gently simmer zest of 1 orange, 6 tbsp orange juice (must be fresh squeezed orange juice), 4 tbsp lemon juice and 3 tbsp castor sugar for 3-4 minutes until reduced and syrupy. Leave to cool, then stir in 2 tbsp Orange Liqueur. Pour over cheesecake and serve.