The past few weeks have been quite difficult, the types where you feel like “no one can relate” and to be fair, today I took a step back and realised that we all have this moments in time. I am so lucky to have such an amazing family and great group of friends and I would like to say thank you to all of you who support me through thick and thin. Anyway, I have been looking forward to going away to Brussels this weekend for ages but alas, this time it was just not meant to be, leaving me stuck in London for the long weekend. Today is also a very special day for my family as it is our family Saints Day and knowing that my mother was making the usual incredible array of delicacies she makes every year with the family around, left me a little homesick.. And so, what better excuse did I need to make an “easy to make”, bright, indulgent and delish Raspberry and White Chocolate Cheesecake! Enjoy!
– 350g double chocolate chip cookies, crushed
– 125g unsalted butter
– 250g white chocolate, broken into pieces
– 300g full-fat soft cheese, at room temp
– 250ml double cream, at room temp
– 1tsp vanilla extract
– 250g fresh raspberries plus extra for decorating
1. Grease and line the base of a 23cm spring-release cake tin.
2. Melt the butter, pour over the crushed cookies and bind.
3. Press onto the base of the tin using the back of a metal spoon.
6. Set aside for 10minutes until cooled but still warm. (I found that this cools quite quickly so make sure the consistency is still runny when you use it in the next steps.
7. Whisk the cream cheese, double cream and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl.
8. Fold in the warm chocolate and raspberries. (Do the choc first as you don’t want the raspberries to break too much).
9. Spoon the mixture over the biscuit base and smooth over the top.
NOTE: This recipe is so easy as no eggs nor gelatine are used and the fresh raspberries counteract the richness of the other ingredients giving bursts of joy! 🙂