This recipe is a really great, healthy and low fat snack option. The muffins are so effortless to make and easy to pack for work. They fill you up while satisfying that sweet craving. The only thing I would do differently with this recipe is possibly use cupcake cases as opposed to muffin cases. Although the picture below is not that great, (I’m working on a new camera so that I can share the true “yum” of recipes with you 🙂 ) you can see that the cases are too big for the muffins. Alternatively, keep the muffin cases, double the recipe and allow to cook a little longer 🙂
– 30g low fat spread
– 200g wholemeal self raising flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp ground ginger (I would suggest a bit more as the ginger flavour was not prominent in mine)
– 75g light brown sugar
– 1 egg, beaten
– 432g can crushed pineapple in natural juice, drained
1. Preheat the oven to 180C
2. Line a muffin tin with muffin/cupcake cases
3. PLace the low fat spread in a saucepan over a low heat and melt.
4. Sift the flour, baking powder and ginger into a large mixing bowl.
5. Add the melted spread and the remaining ingredients, whisking until just combined.
6. Spoon into the paper cases and bake for 15/20 minutes.
7. Cool and enjoy!