I found this recipe in one of those “recipes of the month” at Waitrose and surprisingly they turned out fantastically scrumptious and are so easy to make. (perfect dinner party dessert)
– 15g butter
– 1tbsp caster sugar
– Grated zest and jice of ½ lemon
– 2 Perfectly Ripe Pears, peeled, halved and cored
– 2 long slices Waitrose Ginger and Lemon cake, each cut in half
– 4tbsp mascarpone
– Preheat the grill.
– Put the butter in a small pan with the sugar, lemon zest and juice. Heat gently until melted.
– Place the pears on a baking tray and brush with the lemon mixture.
– Grill the pears, turning once and brushing with the glaze, for 6–8 minutes until golden brown.
– Add the slices of cake to the tray for the last 2 minutes.
– Grill on both sides, then drizzle with any remaining glaze and spread with the mascarpone.
– Place the cooked pears on top of each slice.
– Serve immediately