(I found this recipe in a magazine – it’s quick, easy and DELICIOUS! A dinner party must 🙂 )
1 stick celery, trimmed and diced
30g pecan nuts chopped
75g California prunes, chopped (i just used fresh prunes from Waitrose)
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tsp fresh sage, chopped (i used about 4/5 chopped leaves)
4 skinless chicken breasts
8 slices pancetta
2 tbsp olive oil
– Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas 4.
– Mix together the celery, pecans, prunes, pepper and sage in a small bowl.
– Make a slit in each chicken breast and stuff each one with the prune mixture.
– Stretch 2 slices of pancetta with the back of a knife, place a chicken breast on top and wrap the pancetta around it. Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts. – Place the stuffed breasts on a non-stick baking tray (i used a pyrex dish) and drizzle with olive oil (see below).
– Bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until cooked through but still moist 🙂
– serve with a grean salad or vegetables of your choice.
tip: The great thing about this recipe is that the ingredients dont include dairy so you can prep before hand. I would suggest making the stuffing and slitting the chicken before your guest arrive.